On July 14, the Decree creating the National Customs Agency of Mexico (ANAM), a decentralized body of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) and independent of the Service, was published in the Official Gazette of the Federation. of Tax Administration (SAT). According to the Federal Government, the creation of this customs agency is necessary to strengthen this sector and provide care and support to importers and exporters.
Among the attributions envisaged for ANAM, in the terms of the Decree, are:
- The collection of foreign trade contributions.
- Direction of customs and inspection services for the clearance of import or export of goods, including the verification of goods in transport.
- Administration of the registers of importers, importers of specific sectors and sectoral exporters.
- Representation to the Federation in tax and customs disputes.
- Link for international information exchange to avoid tax evasion and avoidance in customs matters.
- Surveillance and assurance of compliance with tax and customs obligations related to the entry, transit or exit of goods.
- Participation in the negotiation of international treaties on customs matters.
- Design, administration and operation of statistical data in customs matters.
- Coordination with the SAT in relation to the administration, collection and accounting of contributions, uses and their accessories.
- Representing the SHCP in criminal proceedings where ANAM is a victim or offended.
The Maquiladora and Export Manufacturing Industry (IMMEX) foresees that with the creation of the National Customs Agency of Mexico, foreign trade operations can be streamlined and illegal operations avoided. IMMEX companies are strong users of customs, since they represent over 53% of foreign trade operations in day-to-day transactions, said Israel Morales, director of the National Index Trade Agreements and Treaties Committee.
At ABC® Logistics we offer various services for importers and exporters, get to know them here and get in touch with us.